Saturday, October 3, 2015

Adapting To Currency.

"What does your money look like?"

A question I did not think would be asked much, but I have been surprised. So, for those of you who already know about it, this post will not pertain to you- sorry! I have been here for about 7 weeks now and the money is still weird to me. I imagine it will be for a while, considering I've only been exposed to American currency (and Switzerland's for a short time). Here are some things I have learned:

There is no tax- the price you see is the price you pay.
There are no "cents" like in $1.25 or $1.67. It is always a whole number. $1 is the smallest amount. 
Most things seem to be very reasonably priced.
The coins are used WAY more than American coins. I found that I would sort of ignore change I got there (in the states), but here it is a different story. 
The exchange rate is about $3 USD to $100 NTD. That's not perfectly accurate, but pretty close and easy(ish) to divide/multiply if necessary. 

Annnnnd the colors of their bills are much more exciting than our green ones! There is red, brown, blue, and purple :)


The $50 is gold. 
The $10 and $5 are silver. 
The $1 is copper brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment